Sentence Transformation English Grammar and Speaking
Objective - Sentence Transformation
- Recognize the underlying pattern of sentences that have undergone
- Imperative Transformation
Negative Sentences with Auxiliary Verbs
- The negative word not appears after the auxiliary verb:
- Peter will not (won’t) arrive early.
- Frances has not (hasn’t) finished her homework.
- Fred is not (isn’t) painting his room white.
- In a combination of auxiliaries the negative marker not appears after the first one
- Jan should not have been driving your car.
- Edward has not been telephoning us regularly.
Negative Sentences with Be
- When the main verb is a form of Be, the negative word not appears after be
- Betty is here.
- Betty is not (isn’t) here.
- Harold’s old stereo was powerful.
- Harold’s old stereo was not (wasn’t) powerful.