Family, Friend and Relationship - Syllabus and Study Material
In human context, a family (word derived from Latin word Familiare) is a group of people affiliated by consanguinity, affinity or co-residence. A family group consisting of a father, mother and their unmarried children is called a nuclear family. This term can be contrasted with an extended family.
In past there were joint families because members were involved in home business or farming. They live together and jointly work in specialized area to generate income for family.
There are many benefits for joint family children can get better environment and care. Members enjoy their festival with full enthusiasm.
Disadvantages of joint family:
- Individual cannot take his own decision to make their future bright.
- Youngers cannot ignore some orthodox belief.[/su_list]
Family is the principal institution for a socialization of children,
One of the primary function of the family is to produce and reproduce persons biologically and socially.
- A person whom one knows, likes and trusts.
- A person whom one know, an acquaintance.
- A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
- One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group.
- A person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection.
Friendship: Friendship is a form of interpersonal relationship generally considered to be closer than association. Friendship contribute in important ways to psychological development and health and well being from early childhood through the older adult years.
Distinction among the fields: One should know distinctions among the friends according to extent of friendship and relationships, different types of friends are true friends, best friends, good friends, casual friends, work friends, family friends, social friends and friendly acquaintances.
Family relationship is state of relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption. Some important family relationships are listed, which are frequently used in Indian families.
- Mother : A female parent.
- Father: A male parent
- Son : A male child of the parent(s)
- Daughter : A female child of the parents(s)
- Brother : A male child of the same parents(s)
- Sister : A female child of the same parents(s)
- Grandfather : Father of a father or mother
- Grandmother: Mother of a mother or father
- Cousins: Two people that share the same grandparent(s)
- Stepmother or Stepfather: Any person (other than the biological parent of a child) who marries the parents of that child becomes the “step parent” of the child, either the stepmother or stepfather.
- Granddaughter: A child’s daughter
- Uncle : Father’s brother, mother’s father’s, brother, wife, mother’s, brother’s, wife
- Aunt: Father’s, sister, mother’s sister, father’s brother’s wife, mother’s brother’s wife
- Nephew: Sister’s son, brother’s son, wife’s brother’s son, wife’s sister’s son, husband’s brother’s son, husband’s sister’s son
- Niece: Sister’s daughter, brother’s daughter, wife’s brother’s daughter, wife’s sister’s daughter, husband’s brother’s daughter, husband’s, sister’s daughter.
- Mother-in-law : Mother of one’s spouse
- Father-in-law : Father of one’s spouse
- Daughter-in-law: The female spouse of one’s child
- Son-in-law: The male spouse of one’s child
- Sister-in-law: Wife of one’s sibling, sister of one’s spouse
- Brother-in-law: Husband of one’s sibling, brother of one’s spouse
- Work: People at Work
Work : People at Works
In India different people work different works. Let us know them.
- Cobbler: A cobbler mends our shoes and sandals.
- Blacksmith: A blacksmith makes and repairs things made of iron.
- Gardener: A gardener looks after our garden.
- Policeman: A policeman catches thieves.
- Farmer: A farmer grows food crops.
- Barber: A barber cuts our hair.
- Mechanic: A mechanic repairs vehicles.
- Tailor: A tailor makes clothes for us.
- Baker: A baker bakes and sells breads and cakes.
- Chemist: A chemist sells medicines.
- Writer: A writer books.
- Clown: A clown makes people laugh by doing funny tricks.
- Musician: A musician plays melodious music.
- Dancer: A dancer dances on the stage.
- Singer: A singer sings sweets songs.
- Mason: Mason make houses for you.
- Watchman: Watchman guard your house.
- Carpenter: Carpenter make furniture.
- Doctor: Doctor teat you when you fall ill.
- Teacher: Teacher help you to learn.[/su_list]
Play: Fun with the Family
Students after school and completion of homework feel tired, so they require some recreation or fun with family. We have recreation by many ways.
- Playing cricket
- By watching cartoon movies on the television
- Indore games like snakes and ladders, ludo and carom.
- Go for a picnic on holidays.
- To visit zoo.
- To get for circus or magic shows.
- Visit to a fair and enjoying on the swings.
- To visit museum.
- Enjoy watching puppet shows.
- Attending family functions (a birthday party or a wedding celebration)
- Stories by elders.
- Reading story books
Complete Study Material on Family, Friend and Relationship