Venn Diagrams Logic, Example, Questions and Video
Venn Diagrams Important Questions - Page 2
Venn Diagrams Video Lecture - Page 3
The main aim of such questions is to test the ability of the candidates about the relation between some items of a group by diagrams. In such questions some figure of circle and some words are given. The candidate is to choose a figure which represents the given words.
Some critical examples - Venn Diagrams
- If all the words of different groups then they will be shown by diagram as given below. (Dog, Cow, Horse)
All these three are animals but of different groups, there is no relation between them, hence they will be represented by three different circles
- If first word is related to second words and second is related to third words. Then they will be shown by diagram as given below. (Unit, Tens, Hundreds)
Ten units together make one tens or in one tens, whole unit is available and ten tens together make on hundreds, hence they will be shown by three circles as shown below.
- If two different items are completely related to the third item, they will be shown as below. (Pen, Pencil, Stationery)
- If there is some relation between two items and these two items are completely related to a third item then they will be shown as given below. (Women, Sisters, Mothers)
Some sister may be mothers and vice-versa. Similarly some mother may not be sisters and vice-versa. But all the sisters and all the mother belong to women group.
- Two items are related to a third item to some extent but not completely and first two items totally different. (Students, boys, girls)
The boys and girls are different items while some boys may be students. Similarly among girls some may be students. Hence it be shown as given fig.
- All three items are related to one another but to some extent not completely. (Boy, Students, Athletes)
Some boys may be students and vice-versa. Similarly some boys may be athletes and vice-versa. Some students may be athletes and vice-versa. Hence they will be shown as Fig.
- Two items are related to each other completely and third items are entirely different from first two. (Lions, Carnivorous animals, Cows)
All the lions are carnivorous but no caw is lion or carnivorous. Hence it will be shown in given fig.
- A first item is completely related to the second and third item is partially related to be first and second item. (Dogs, Animals, Flesh-eaters)
All the dogs belong to animals but some dogs are flesh eater but not all. Hence they will be shown in given fig.
- A first item is partially related to the second but third is entirely different from the first two. (Dogs, Flash eaters, Cows)
Some doges are flesh eaters but not all while any dog or any flesh eater can’t be cow. Hence it will be represented as shown in given fig.