Synthesis of Sentences English Grammar and Speaking
Synthesis of Sentences Solved Examples - Page 3
Synthesis of Sentences is the opposite of transformation of sentences and means combining a number of simple sentences into one new sentence. That new sentence might be either a simple sentence, a compound sentence, or a complex sentence.
By using a Participle
- He jumped up. He ran away.
- Jumping up, he ran away.
- He was tired of play. He sat down to rest.
- Tired of play, he sat down to rest.
- He is well versed in English. He was appointed as the English teacher in the school.
- Being well-versed in English, he was appointed English teacher of the school.
By using a Noun or a Phrase in apposition
placing side-by-side two coordinate elements, the second of which serves as an explanation or modification of the first.
- This is my friend. His name is Rama.
- This is my friend, Rama
- I spent two days in London. It is one of the most attractive places in England.
- I spent two days in London, one of the most attractive places in England.
- Buddhism was founded 2500 years ago. It is one of the greatest religions.
- Buddhism, one of the greatest religions, was founded 2500 years ago
By using a Preposition with Noun or Gerund
- The moon rose. Their journey was not ended.
- Before their journey ended, the moon rose.
- He was failed many times. He still hopes to win.
- Having failed many times, he still hopes to win.
- Her husband died. She heard the news. She fainted.
- On hearing the news of her husband’s death, she fainted.