SSC Junior Engineer Interview will be conducted for 100 Marks.
Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be eligible to appear in the Interview. The interview will be held at places as may be decided by the Commission.
Important Documents for SSC Interview
All candidates who are called for appearing at the Interview will be required to produce the relevant Certificates in Original such as Mark sheets, Provisional Degree/Diploma Certificate, etc. As proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification, failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut off date and he/she has been declared passed, will also be considered to have met the required Educational Qualification.
- Printout of the valid Interview Call Letter
- Valid system generated printout of the online application form registered for SSC Junior Engineer Exam.
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or SSLC/ Std. X Certificate with DOB).
- Photo Identify Proof.
- Marksheets & certificates for educational qualifications. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result has to be submitted.
- Caste Certificate issued by competent authority in the prescribed format as stipulated by Government of India in case of SC / ST / OBC category candidates.
- In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, certificate should specifically contain a clause that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer section excluded from the benefits of reservation for Other Backward Classes in Civil post & services under Government of India. OBC caste certificate containing the Non-creamy layer clause should be valid as on the last date of online registration. caste Name mentioned in certificate should tally letter by letter with Central Government list / notification.
- Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under creamy layer and/ or if their caste does not find place in the Central List are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the online application form.
- Disability certificate in prescribed format issued by the District Medical Board in case of Persons With Disability category If the candidate has used the services of a Scribe at the time of CWE the duly filled in details of the scribe in the prescribed format.
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the discharge Certificate / pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of interview. Those who are still in defense service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from defense services.
- Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should produce a certificate in the prescribed format from their office at the time of Interview/ document verification in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years during the period immediately preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should remain Central Government civilian employees till the time of appointment in the event of their selection.
Please note that date, time and venue of interview is final and no request for change will be entertained. In case you fail to attend the interview, it will be presumed that you are not interested to undergo the selection procedure of the interview and thereby for appointment to the relevant posts you have applied for and your candidature will be treated as “cancelled”. No. further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
NOTE-I: Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be eligible to appear in the Interview. The interview will be held at places as may be decided by the Commission.
NOTE-II: SC/ST candidates called for interview will be paid TA as per Government Orders. However, no TA is payable to any candidate for appearing in the written examination.
NOTE-III: Canvassing in any form whatsoever will lead to cancellation of the candidates.
Note-IV: The Commission, at its discretion may fix different minimum qualifying marks in interview for General and Reserved category candidates.
Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved or seek age-relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format, whenever such certificates are sought by concerned Regional/Sub Regional Offices at the time of Interview/Skill Test/Document Verification. Otherwise, their claim for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ ExS status will not be entertained and their candidature/ applications will be considered under General (UR) category.
E-mail ids/mobile nos are used for communicating with the candidates in emergencies. Commission is also examining whether Admission certificates for Written examination, and Interview can be sent through e-mail/SMS. It is in the interest of the candidates to furnish these details.