Water and Mirror Images Reasoning Exam Questions, Examples and Video
Water and Mirror Images Important Questions - Page 2
Water and Mirror Images Video Lecture - Page 3
Rotation about the vertical and horizontal axes: mirror and water images
When any figure, alphabets or number is rotated 180º about a horizontal axis laying on the plane we would get a water image. A figure, alphabets or number which symmetrically about a vertical axis will remain unchanged by mirror imaging.
Similarly a figure, alphabets or number which symmetrically about a horizontal axis will remain unaltered in the water image about this axis.
Mirror and Water Images of Digits and letters of Alphabet
We frequently come across the rotation of letter of alphabets and digits about the vertical and horizontal axes respectively. Observe the following mirror and water images of digit and alphabets.
Vertical Axis: V.A
Horizontal Axis: H.A
Here follow some noteworthy points.
1) Four letter H, I, O and X, remain unchanged about both the vertical and horizontal axis.
2) Eight letter C, D, E, H, I, K, O and X after rotation about the horizontal axis, looks the same as they are.
3) Eight letter H, I, O, T, U, V, W and X remain unchanged in mirror reflection.
4) Two digits Zero (0) and eight (8) have their water and mirror image exactly like them.
5) The mirror image of number Six (6) is the same as the water image of number nine (9). Also the water image of
Six (6) is the same as the mirror image of nine (9).
Mirror and water images of few designs are given for your observation.